There are many queries and questions that individual face when they decide to make bookings for any airline. Especially if it is anyone’s first time making the reservations for an air ticket, then it is very obvious to have queries.
Delta airlines are one of the airlines on which so many flyers rely. People choose this airline to make the bookings for various destinations all over the world. But as all of us may end up in a situation where an individual has to change the name on their air ticket. Many flyers get tensed because they are not aware of the procedure, they need to follow for changing the name on their ticket.
Through all the information here, you can learn all about the method of changing the name on your delta ticket, how much one has to pay for making these changes and also about its policy set up by delta airlines.
About the name change policy of delta airlines
Each airline set up the policy for various things so that they can function according to that policy. One of the policies is the name change policy. Here are all the points that will explain to you about this policy and make the whole process easy for you.
- All the passengers of delta airlines are eligible for changing their first and middle name without the use of a waiver code.
- If you want to change the last name, then make sure both middle and first name are correct and needs no change.
- If you need to change the name on your ticket, you must request for the change from seven days to 24 hours before the departure time of your flight.
Related: United airlines manage my booking
How much does it cost to change a name on a Delta ticket?
So many times, people are in a hurry to make the delta airlines bookings, which ultimately leads to a mistake on the ticket. The mistake can be very small i.e., you just might enter one or two alphabets wrong on the ticket. It is very obvious that whether you did a small silly mistake or a huge mistake, you need to make the modifications and get it right.
To change the spelling on your ticket and correct it, you need to pay an amount to delta airlines. The amount which an individual has to pay if they want to make the changes to the name varies from $75-$500. The amount that an individual has to pay completely depends on the type of ticket you purchase.
Can you change the name on delta airline ticket?
This is one of the questions which a lot of people have. Is an individual eligible for making the changes in the name when they purchase the ticket? The answer is yes. One can make the changes to the name on the air ticket. Though there are various factors on which the name change depend. As an individual fills up first, middle and last names on their ticket so, there are some things which an individual must know related to these.
- For the middle name
If you want to make the changes in your middle name, then there are some things which you must keep in mind-
- The flyer does not need the waiver code if you want to modify your middle name.
- You need to enter the right name in your PNR.
- You must attach the OSI message with your PNR. This will allow them to know that the change is done in your middle name.
- For the last name
Just like the middle name, there are points that you must remember regarding the last name.
- You can only change three alphabets in your last name.
- Make the corrections in your PNR.
- No waiver code is needed even in this case.
- If you want to change more than three alphabets in your last name, then you need to contact the team member of delta airlines.
How to Change Name on the delta ticket?
There is an easy procedure set by delta airlines to make the changes in the name on your air ticket. As this is a very simple method set up by the airlines, so each passenger can follow these steps and make the changes without anyone’s help.
Here are the steps that an individual needs to follow to change the name on their ticket-
- Open the official site of delta airlines.
- You will see the option of “manage my travel”. You will find this option at the top of the home page.
- On your screen, you will be asked to enter the information regarding booking and your or your last name and your reservation number. So, enter this information and then press the option of “next”.
- After this, you will see the option of “edit”. Click that and proceed to the next step.
- You can now make the changes to your delta airlines reservations. First, you will the itinerary information, secondly the flight details. And finally, you can make changes to your personal details.
- Make the changes in your name in this step and then press the option of “confirm”.
- Lastly, make sure you keep the modified ticket with you now or you can get it printed too.
Points one must know if they want to change the name on the ticket-
There are some points which one be aware of if they want to complete this process smoothly.
- An individual is eligible for making the changes in the last name if they got divorced or got married. Remember you need to submit the documents when you reach the airport that would prove both the scenarios.
- When you write the wrong spelling of your name on the ticket, you can change it without paying a single penny.
- No flyer is allowed to make the changes in the titles like Sr. to Jr. or vice versa.
- There are times when an individual enters their nickname on the ticket. So, in this case, you can change the name. And you will get a photo ID directly at the airport when you will check in.
- Get in touch with the delta airlines team if you want to change the name on your ticket or you need to make the modifications.
- Remember no passenger can transfer their ticket to anyone else’s name.
How can I change my name on Delta airlines due to marriage?
If you got married recently, you will have this question in mind. Yet again the procedure to make the changes in your name on the ticket is very easy and have no complicated steps. Here are the steps that will allow us to finalize the changes on the ticket-
- Visit the official website of delta airlines.
- Choose the option of “my trips”. You will find this option on the home page of the site.
- Now, enter your first name, last name and booking confirmation number. And then press the option of search.
- You can also enter your ticket number or debit or credit card number and then see your bookings.
- Now, go to the option of “name change”.
- Select that option and make the changes you wish and then finish the whole process.
Also check our post on how to pay for American airlines baggage online.